Sunday, February 5, 2012

NFL Draft 2012: Robert Griffin III Says He’s ‘Best Quarterback’ In The Draft

2012 NFL Draft

Baylor quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III is in Indianpolis this weekend and doing a media tour as he prepares for the 2012 NFL Draft. As you’re all aware, many mock draft experts have your Cleveland Browns taking RGIII with the fourth overall pick in April’s draft. He sat down with Sports Illustrated’s Don Banks for an extensive interview, and made his case as the best quarterback in the upcoming draft, and why he should go No. 1 overall.

“I hate to talk about myself like that, but if I had to straight up tell a head coach or an owner why they should take me, it’s because I’m the best in Robert Griffith IIIeverything I’ve done,” Griffin said. “I’m the most accurate. I have the strongest arm. I may not be the tallest. I may not be the heaviest. But I’m the best quarterback in the nation, and if they pass on me, then I understand. But I’m going to go out and be the best quarterback for somebody else.

“It’s about consistency. And I was able to go out and make the nation a believer. I was able to make my own teammates believers, too. And that means even more to me, that they regarded me as the best quarterback in the nation.”

Griffin also seems motivated to continue to use the highly-touted Andrew Luck as a measuring stick, and motivation.

“Perception is reality, and at the beginning of the year I wasn’t on many radars,” Griffin said. “I did have a lot more ground to cover than he did. He was the de facto Heisman winner and the de facto No. 1 pick. We already took one of those from him and we plan to continue to go out there and do that. Whether it’s with the first pick in the draft, a playoff win, or who goes to the first Super Bowl.

“I will use that as a driving force, whether I go first, second, third or fourth in the draft. The fact I wasn’t out there with people believing in me is going to be the key to drive me to be a better player. So it’ll always be a competition between me and Andrew, just because we’re in the same class and the media is going to paint it that way.”

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/02/nfl-draft-2012-robert-griffin-iii-says-hes-best-quarterback-in-the-draft/

No comments:

Post a Comment