Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Phil Dawson wants to finish his career in Cleveland

June 5, 2012 By Craig Lyndall

DawsonThe Browns were back working today and Phil Dawson has joined the team after receiving his second straight franchise tag designation from the Browns. Dawson is a great guy and a fan favorite, so what he had to say to the media today was especially nice to hear.

(On the chances he will finish his career as a Cleveland Brown) – “You know what, I’d like to. I really would. I’m not thinking about my career being over at this point, but it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to go play somewhere else. So, we’ll see what happens. I’ve told you guys before I’m not very good at predicting the future, but I’m just going to go to work like I always do and hope that things get worked out.”

(On approaching Lou Groza’s record) – “That was a goal I set in 1999 when Danny Kight and Chris Boniol were out here competing against me in training camp. If I would had admitted back then that, that was one of my goals you guys would have laughed me out of town and I wouldn’t have blamed you. So a lot of work, a lot of years and a lot of effort has taken place since then. To even be remotely on the horizon close to that is a pretty neat thing.”

Despite the poor teams that Dawson has been a part of, there is little doubt that he will go down in Browns history along with guys like Josh Cribbs as one of the very few bright spots during decidedly dark days in the history of the franchise. If he can somehow bridge the gap between the dark days and a brighter future it would be that much better. Now, the hard part…

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/06/phil-dawson-wants-to-finish-his-career-in-cleveland/

No comments:

Post a Comment