Saturday, July 7, 2012

Colt McCoy wants to finish what he started in Cleveland

Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy told Joey Richards of ReporterNews.com that he wants to finish what he’s started in Cleveland.image

“I really like Cleveland,” McCoy said Tuesday after wrapping up his two-day youth football camp in Abilene. “I’ve always been a guy that wants to finish what he starts.”

McCoy is ready to fight to be the Browns starting quarterback, when training camp begins later this month.

“That’s part of my nature,” McCoy said about his desire to fight for the job, per Richards. “You’re getting everything I have, whether that’s working, preparing, studying or practicing. Unfortunately, a lot of things are out of my control. The main thing for me is not to worry about those things I can’t control. I have to go in, do my job and have high character and compete my tail off, if the opportunity’s available. Other than that, there’s not much you can do. So that’s what I try to do every day.”

McCoy admits that things haven’t been easy since being drafted by the Browns just a few years ago.

“It’s been a rough ride thus far,” McCoy said. “We’ve had our ups and downs. I’ve had three (offensive) coordinators going into my third year. Two head coaches in two years. There’s been some ups and downs and things you have to fight through. Most are things out of your control. But for me, I would just like a little consistency. I love the town. I love the fans. I think they truly deserve a winning football team. That’s what I want to do. I want to be there for the ride of turning that thing around. We’ll see what happens.”

If McCoy wants to have a shot at being the Browns starter this season, he’s going to have to come out firing in the preseason.

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/colt-mccoy-wants-to-finish-what-he-started-in-cleveland/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ProFootballZone+%28Pro+Football+Zone%29

No comments:

Post a Comment