Monday, May 30, 2011

One Of The Most Embarrassing Figures in Franchise History

During his tenure with the Browns, Derek Anderson did plenty of embarrassing things on the field that made Browns fans pray that the team would find a new quarterback. But when he took cheap shots at the fans and the city on his way out of town in 2010, it made Browns fans pray for his head on platter. 
Anderson's embarrassing final words to Cleveland were: "The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them." Charming guy. 
I'm sure it's rough being a struggling player in a town that reveres football above all else, but at the end of the day, Anderson was no different than anyone else who goes to work and doesn't do their job. His petty, childish finger-pointing on his way out of town only made him look foolish and proved his detractors right, and since he was released from the team, he wound up mostly embarrassing himself. 
Postscript: Anderson seemed to have learned nothing from his idiotic moves on his way out of Cleveland: After he and his teammates tanked a game with his new squad in Arizona, cameras caught him laughing on the sidelines. Sheesh, some guys never learn. 

Bleacher Report


No comments:

Post a Comment