Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jim Brown says he still has 'bad taste' from parting with Browns

Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown said Wednesday on Sirius XM Mad Dog Radio that he still has a bad taste in his mouth about being let go by the Browns last year.
“I’m a Cleveland Brown for life but, man, I’ll tell you, I live in a positive world and I like to be able to help and I’ll never like to get in anybody’s way. And when I think of my experience with the Browns it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because my intentions were good, and I was asked to participate, and I worked in that city very hard to represent the Browns. And I even got awards for working with organizations in the name of the Browns.
"And, of course, I wanted them to win but it’s like because they didn’t win then everybody is to blame. And when you get a new regime that comes in and they say, ‘OK, everybody’s gone.’ And you say, ‘Well, I’m gone, too?’ ‘Yeah, you’re gone, too.’ It’s not a great feeling and it’s all about feeling. It’s like what am I to this organization? On one hand you want to give me a Ring of Honor. On the other hand you want to deal in dishonor. 

"So I wish the organization well but I’m happy just to go my way and to live my life because I’m going to try to help people and help situations with Amer-I-Can, my organization, and that’s going well. And I don’t wish any bad luck, I don’t have any ill feelings, only how I feel, it’s about my feelings and just how I feel. And that’s the way it is, you know? But there’s no blame, there’s no finger-pointing, none of that in my repertoire. So that’s an honest analysis of just my feelings.''
Brown declined to attend the Browns Ring of Honor ceremony last season because of the way he was let go as a team consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment