Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cleveland Browns’ LB Matt Roth Wants to Play for Rob Ryan, Dallas Cowboys

One NFL linebacker is very interested in joining the Dallas Cowboys once the NFL lockout is resolved and free agency begins. Cleveland Browns linebacker Matt Roth will be a free agent after the lockout is over and knows which team he would like to play for next. His wants to reunite with former Browns and current Cowboys defensive coordinator, Rob Ryan and recently had high praise for Dallas’ new coach.
“I challenge you to find one player who wouldn’t run through a wall for him,” Roth said. “I love playing that style. I know [new Browns defensive coordinator] Dick Jauron’s a good coach, but I don’t want to have to deal with no nonsense. I just want to come in and play, do my job and have fun. That’s a big factor in wherever I go.”
The Browns ran Ryan’s 3-4 defense during his two years there, but will switch to a 4-3 under Jauron. Roth not only wants to play for Ryan, but wants to continue play in a 3-4 scheme.
The Cowboys are unlikely to sign Roth; the team has much bigger defensive needs to fill in free agency. Many players have publicly lobbied to play for a certain team and/or coach and nothing ever came of it. In any case, Roth’s praise for Ryan has to make Cowboys fans look forward to seeing the team’s defense under him in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment