Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wallace Says He’s Preparing Like He’s the Starter at QB

Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer reports Browns quarterback Seneca Wallace re-signed with the Browns in March knowing Colt McCoy was “the guy” heading into training camp, but it won’t stop him from trying hard to beat out McCoy for the starting job.
Seneca Wallace said he’s fine if the Browns tell him point-blank that McCoy has the edge in camp.
“Colt is a younger kid and he’s from Texas and people know him,” Wallace said. “He should get the opportunity to be the starter and I’m not worried about that. But I’m comfortable with this system and I’m going to prepare every day like I’m the starter. That’s what I’ve got to do.”
Wallace, who signed a three-year deal worth $9 million plus incentives, isn’t conceding anything. He has spent seven seasons in this West Coast offense under then-Seahawks coach and current Browns President Mike Holmgren and knows it inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment